What is Azure Virtual Network?
Azure Virtual Network (VNet) is a logical representation of your own network in the cloud. It enables you to provision private networking for your Azure resources. Azure Virtual Network is similar to a physical network in your on-premises or private cloud environment. It is a representation of your network in the cloud that you can use to provision and deploy Azure resources.
Azure Virtual Network enables you to:
– Provision private networking for your Azure resources
– Isolate your Azure resources from other networks
– Connect your on-premises network to your Azure virtual network
– Control network traffic rules
– Choose from a variety of Azure networking services
Advantages of Azure Virtual Network
Azure Virtual Network has many advantages, including the following:
– Isolation and security: By isolating your Azure resources from other networks, you can increase security and control network traffic rules.
– Flexibility and choice: You can choose from a variety of Azure networking services, such as Azure Load Balancer and Azure Traffic Manager, to optimize your network.
– Connectivity: You can connect your on-premises network to your Azure virtual network, allowing you to extend your network into the cloud.
Azure Virtual Network is free of charge. There is no charge for creating or using a virtual network.