Kubernetes is an open source system for automating the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. First introduced by Google in 2014, Kubernetes has rapidly become the de facto standard for container orchestration.
Kubernetes is a complex system, and one of the challenges of running Kubernetes in production is ensuring that your data is backed up and can be restored in the event of a disaster.
That’s where Kasten comes in. Kasten is the leading Kubernetes backup solution, with a simple, streamlined UI that makes it easy to take backups and restore your data.
Kasten’s features include:
– Granular, application-level backup and restore: Kasten takes application-level backups, so you can restore your data to any point in time, at the granularity of a single object.
– One-click backup and restore: Backups and restores are just a click away, with no need to fiddle with Kubernetes manifests or YAML files.
– Backup schedule and retention policy: Set up a schedule to automatically take backups at regular intervals, and automatically delete old backups to save storage space.
– Support for multiple Kubernetes clusters: Kasten can manage backups for multiple Kubernetes clusters, so you can easily centralize your backup management.
– Encryption and security: Kasten encrypts your backups at rest, so you can be sure that your data is secure.
Kasten is available in both on-prem and cloud-based versions, so you can choose the option that best fits your needs. Prices start at $0 for the on-prem version and $9/month for the cloud-based version.